Who loves makeup? Who loves being able to afford the makeup we love?!? 💁
As you know, I love me some makeup. Especially when that makeup is priced right! Below I have listed all of my tried and true drug store dupes for my favorite high end makeup brands! Click on the links to get more information or to purchase these amazing products online!
1. Brows: Okay…. If I have to go drug store: than my #1 would be NYX Tame & Frame. It retails for $10 (CAD) in five shades, however, one day upon my arrival at Sephora I realized just how affordable Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow is. $23 (CAD) for the entire container…YASSSSSSS BISH!!!! For the quality, it’s high end reputation, and the fact that they offer 11 shades, it is HELLA affordable. This pomade stays on all day, even in the pool. The gel/wax formula applies so smooth and effortlessly, and the small jar lasts me forever! I have nothing more to say. Just buy it.
2. Eye shadow: Wet N’ Wild Comfort Zone Eyeshadow pallet is super versatile for day and night looks. This 8 pan shimmer pallet retails for under $10 (CAD) which is absolutely unreal! These shadows are highly pigmented, super blendable, and long lasting. This stunning palette comes with the famed duo-chrome shade (bottom right) that is an EXACT dupe for Urban Decay Lounge eye shadow, which retails for $22 (CAD) FOR ONE SHADOW! The only downside to this particular pallet is that there are no matte shadows, but I ain’t even mad.
3. Liners: I can’t tell you how many different liquid liners I have tried before. I literally have a drawer full of them. I am always on the hunt for something better and am constantly let down. I always go back to the same liner. Maybelline Line Stiletto Liquid Eye Liner. The felt tip makes it easy to get both precise and bold lines by applying more, or less, pressure. This liner is available in a waterproof formula, so that shiz wont come off half way through the day. It comes in a few shades, my favorite being the blackest black. For my waterline, or a pop of color, I am obsessed with Essence Long Lasting liners. These retractable eye pencils apply so silky and smooth and never crease or chunk up. They pack a punch of intense color with the tiniest bit of shimmer and are long lasting. Get every shade, which isn’t many as they don’t have a huge variety of colors. So, fingers crossed that they will come out with more shades!!
4. Mascara: Lets be real, every woman knows that Maybelline Great Lash Mascara is and will always be the bees knees. Nuff said. It retails for under $5 (CAD) how can you go wrong? For sake of sharing something new with you guys, lets mention another 🙂 Covergirl Bombshell Volume Mascara. This is a two step system. An extreme volume base coat followed by an intensifying top coat that gives bold, sexy, bombshell lashes. This product has been around since I was in high school and I have always loved it, it’s stayed consistent in it’s quality throughout the years. It retails for around $12 (CAD) and comes in four shades.
5. Concealer: This one is hard for me because I have a love/hate relationship with concealer. Maybe its just my under eyes? Wrinkles? Dark circles? Ugh…. My constant struggle is that my concealer is either too thin so it’s not covering up my dark circles, or it’s too thick and it’s caking up in my fine lines and wrinkles. These two products work well for both spot correcting and concealing dark circles. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer is a very fresh, breathable and natural concealer that is just the right formula! (Lil trick: Purchase it in the lightest of the six shades and use it as a highlighter). Another Maybelline product; their Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer. Holy hell that is the longest name ever, totally unnecessary. Anywho… it comes in 5 shades, and it really does what it says it will do! It has some magic in it that erases dark circles, puffiness and fine lines. They both retail for approx. $10 (CAD). Get it girl!
6. Foundation: My whole life I have always been a faithful Covergirl. I have always used their original glass bottle foundation with no reason to stray. Until L’Oreal Paris came out with their Infallible line of foundations, offering a matte finish and a glowing finish. All my favorite beauty bloggers and YouTuber’s were raving about them and I just had to try them! I was lucky to find them both on sale at Walmart which was a bonus because they retail for about $20 (CAD). I must say, not a fan of the matte finish, so for this post I’m just going to talk about the L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation. On my first try I applied it with a damp Beauty Blender. The dampness is combination with the dewy formula was a big shiny mess on my face, ewe (<–tehe, mess on my face). I reapplied it with a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and… WE HIT GOLD LADIES!!!! This product covers flawlessly, is super blendable, and leaves skin looking radiant and glowing. I am in L O V E.
7. Contour & Highlight: In the past I have generally had different pans or palettes for each. Recently I have found one palette that offers eight different pans, half for contouring, and half for highlighting. This palette presents with four contouring shades, from light to dark, to match with your skin color all year round. On top of that, the four highlighting shades are broken down into two matte pans. One with the coveted yellow banana pressed powder, and a translucent pressed powder in the other. The shimmer pans offer both a gorgeous silver and a stunning gold for hitting those high points. ALSO, you can use the matte shades as a setting powder for your foundation. Boo-yah.
Let us just take a moment in silence to thank the good Lord for blessing us with such convenience and versatility all in one amazing palette….
Go out now and purchase the NYX Highlight & Contour Pro Palette. Go now. This baby retails for $25 (CAD) and is well worth every penny.
8. Blush: I do bounce back and forth between the Milani Baked Blush in shade 05 Luminoso, and whatever comes in my monthly Ipsy subscription. I also have a drawer of randoms that I like to pick up every once in a while. Milani Cosmetics always ceases to amaze me. The entire nine shade collection is of very high quality, richly pigmented and super rich and creamy, both on and to the touch. Can you believe that these blushes are sun baked on Italian Terracotta tiles to give them their warm, glowing finish?? So lets be real….we need this on our face. Obvs. Pick up whatever shades you like best because they only cost $9 (CAD). But don’t forget to grab 05 Luminoso too, cause its prettttty.
9. Primer & Setting Spray: These two are not always necessary, but hey, when in Rome. I suffer from large pores on my cheeks, by my nose, and fine lines on my forehead. When I use the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser it helps to fill the pores and fine lines on my face prior to applying my makeup. If I have a long day ahead of me and I want my makeup to stay on ALL DAY LONG, I will use this primer in combination with the Hard Candy Fast & Fabulous Makeup Setting Spray; it works wonders! The primer has a rich silky texture and is clear in color; I rub it in a circular motion over the needed areas and let it dry for a few minutes before applying my makeup. When I’m all finished my makeup, I close my eyes and drift away into relaxation as the sweet refreshing smell of setting spray is being misted onto my glamorous face. Bliss.
11. Honorable Mentions: I mentioned some products above that I also thought you might like! You can find them here 🙂
– Urban Decay Lounge Eyeshadow – Sign up for their Beauty Junkies program and get awesome perks!
– Beauty Blender – Free shipping on orders over $35, heck, buy two!
– Real Techniques Expert Face Brush – Get the award winning, best selling brush now. Cause we like awards.
– Ipsy Monthly Beauty Subscription – The best monthly gift a girl can get! Hehe. You see what I did there? Use my link to subscribe 🙂
Well guys, that would be all for my drug store makeup routine. I hope you found this helpful, and would LOVE your feedback as to what drug store, or just darn affordable, products you use, that you just die for. I would love to give them a try! Disclaimer: As I was editing I realized that a lot of the products listed above are Maybelline brand. This blog is not sponsored by them, or any other makeup brand. I guess I just like their products at the moment? lol.
Should I post more makeup and beauty related blogs? PLEASE leave a comment below and let me know what you guys would like to read about!
Chat soon xo