I received a few BITE Beauty products from Influenster to review for you guys! The package included two of their new lip pencils (“The Lip Pencil”) as well as two mini samples of their Amuse Bouche Lipsticks.
The lipstick in shade ‘Whiskey’ came with the corresponding pencil in shade 044; the second lipstick in shade ‘Honeycomb’ matches with the pencil in shade 020.
Whiskey is a deep, rich and sexy mahogany/red shade. Definitely something I would wear for a date night out or when I’m feeling moody or bold. The Lip Pencil in 044 is a rich mahogany color that is the perfect pairing for Whiskey.
Honeycomb is a warm neutral/taupe shade, with brown undertones, suitable for everyday wear. This could be worn as a daytime lipstick, or with a bold smokey eye. It’s very versatile. The Lip Pencil in 020 is a rosey brown which matches Honeycomb very well.
Characteristics of Lipstick:
– Hydrating and nourishing
– Smooth and creamy
– Natural, healthy ingredients and properties
– Rich and vibrant color
Characteristics of The Lip Pencil:
– Ultra creamy
– Precision tip to add dimension and fullness
– Opaque lip coverage
– Ultra pigmented
I think that these products are very on point as to what they claim to do. No surprises here! And the packaging… Oh the packaging! Absolutely gorgeous and glam, all matte black. YASSSS girl!
On the liners….
- Have you ever used a lip liner before and felt that you had to pull and tug on lips to apply it? This is not the case with these liners. They apply so effortlessly.
- The precision tip stays in shape every time you sharpen it. I tried sharpening this product with a few different sharpeners and every time the pencil came out pointed and ready to go to work.
- Another thing I really liked was that the actual product inside did not break off in my sharpener. I have used liners before where more of the product ends up in my garbage can then on my lips.
- You can wear these all over the lip for a hint of color, or use them to add dimension and fullness to the lips by lining.
- As the day goes on you start to forget that you’re wearing it as its so lightweight and natural feeling. No cakey-ness, no stickiness, and no dryness.
- These liners are ULTRA hydrating and kept my lips feeling smooth and healthy all day long.
- Retailing at $20 (CAD) per stick, I would say the price is well worth what you get. Available in 22 neutral lip-tone colored shades.
*photo does not show all shades
On the lipsticks….
- Feels just like you’re wearing a colored chap stick. Does not feel dry, sticky or flakey.
- Very hydrating and moisturizing. You can really tell and FEEL that they use nourishing and healthy ingredients in making these.
- Lips look healthy and quenched.
- Applies effortlessly. One swipe and your good to go.
- Highly pigmented. From the darkest shade (Whiskey) to the lightest (Honeycomb) the pigmentation and color payoff was equally great. No streaking whatsoever. I did have to reapply throughout the day, but that is the case with most lipsticks, so I didn’t mind.
- Not a gloss, but not quite a matte. They claim this is a satin lipstick, which I would definitely agree with.
- Available is 42 gorgeous shades. From neutrals to crazy colors, they have something for every one.
- Retailing at $30 (CAD) for a full size tube of lipstick is a bit steep for a lipstick, but considering all the magic that is packed in one tube, I’d say go for it!
*photo does not show all shades
So, that my friends, is the end of this review. I give both of these products 2 great big thumbs up!! I would highly recommend them to anyone.
Stay tuned for more reviews to come. I am currently testing out a few amazing products, including skin care!
Chat soon xo
*I recieved these products complimentary for review*
#TheLipPencil #Contest @bitebeauty @influenster